I promised to play around with the option for him and see if I could find a workaround. And I have figured one out, but it seems a little tedious to set up(but after it's up, I'd think it'd work swimmingly).
So you already have your shared notebooks right? At one to two notes per friend for things like wish lists or whatever, it can make your notebook wall very cluttered!
So a super quick run-down!
- Make you're Collaboration folder and take note of the category you choose.
- Change all the notebooks you WANT to view to the same category.
- Change all the notebooks you DON'T want to view, to a different category.
- Use the filter to view only the notebooks you want to view by selecting the category you changed em to!
- You won't see comments in the collaborations notebook that are not your own.
- You can potentially miss updates/new added notes, turn ON email notifications for comments/edits.