Friday, August 10, 2012

Settings Reveal Two of Each Device Connected?

This is confusing, but it's been going on ever since Springpad revamped the site/program!
The Motorola is my Triumph, and Asus, my new Nexus 7


Does anyone know WHY it lists each Android Device I've connected to it twice in settings?

Also, is this happening to anyone is iOS devices?(if so, please send me a screenshot!)

I think the last time this happened, I deleted one, and it refused to sync or send me my push-to-phone stuff so I had to reinstall.

Also, I scored myself a Nexus 7, and it is awesome. If you're an Android user thinking of getting a tablet, I highly recommend this one. I haven't rooted my Nexus yet(so no screenshots, sorry) but expect a video of it soon or something. :)

Another thing on my plate, I will show you all how to send PDF/.doc files to Kindle to make an Ebook for your own viewing purposes. Springpad doesn't allow for PDF viewing within app, meaning you have to download it. I will try and figure out if there is a way to link to a page in a Kindle ebook to a Springpad note(for reference) or if there is a way to export your notes and bookmarks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace

    I've noticed this too. I'm not entirely sure exactly why it does it, but I assumed it's down to re-installing Springpad on to my Android a couple of times after problems I had with the phone itself. I had to do a factory reset on the phone once and the other time it was sent back to HTC for repair.

    I had 3 instances of Android in Springpad's settings after this. I kept the right-most one and deleted the others and had no problems. My thinking was the newest device was added to the list going left to right.

    Whether any of this is relevant or useful to anybody else remains to be seen, but let's hope it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the one to the right! I'll have to try it out.

    That being said, with my tablet I haven't uninstalled it at all, but it's shown up twice despite the first install and no factory resets. *shrug*

    Plus for my phone, I've removed them after uninstalling SP and/or resetting my phone, it's really confusing.

    In the picture you see I just have each copy of a device use the same settings, and it seems to work fine that way too. Perhaps it's doing it to us for different reasons? Regardless, thanks for your tips! :)

    ReplyDelete