Saturday, October 20, 2012

Deskpad Post 2.0

If you haven't read my initial review of Deskpad, you may want to read it here: http://www.kaleblossomscorner.com/2012/10/deskpad-initial-install-opinions.html

I updated the Deskpad company about how I did write about their program and they sent me an email back reading this:
We hadn't seen that "freeze" that you reported on startup, but we
suspect it's due to Deskpad trying to fetch an address from the Domain
Name Server. If your Internet provider's DNS is sometimes slow (as many
are), that would explain it. We'll see if we can move that operation to
the background thread, so it doesn't affect the user interface, in an
upcoming version.

As you noticed, the sorting stuff isn't finished yet. We plan to add
all the sorting options that the web version supports, and any others we
can think of that might be useful.

Unfortunately, the picture type is one of the few that can't be viewed
and edited in the 0.98 version (the others are Music Album, Musical
Artist, File, and Video). We've been adding new types with each
release, and those will all be done before the 1.0 release.

I'm not sure when the next release will be available, but it shouldn't
be too much longer. :-) Deskpad itself will check weekly and let you
know when there's a new one, if you're using it, but I've made a note to
drop you a line too.

Where I'm living, we have business quality internet, the kind that is supposed to be LIGHTNING fast, and usually is(it's been breaking a lot lately, I'm using my phone's internet via tethering to type this up).

On an unrelated note, here's a hilarious video I found a few days ago(WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE!):

No comments:

Post a Comment